Natural gas has become a widespread energy source because it is highly combustible, which means that it can produce large amounts of heat when you burn small amounts. Consequently, a natural gas leak can increase the risk of fire and explosion since it spreads quickly and combusts easily.
If you suspect a natural gas leak inside of your home,
- Immediately stop what you’re doing
- Do not flip any electrical switches
- Do not unplug anything or use a telephone
- Do not smoke or use any open flames.
Get a safe distance away from the house, call your local utility company and Jay Young Plumbing, Heating & A/C. Gas leaks in the home can be easily prevented by ensuring that flexible gas lines are inspected regularly and installed properly by licensed professionals.
Contact Jay Young Plumbing, Heating & A/C Services today to schedule a safety inspection of your natural gas lines.